We started off this month with a visit from Grandma & Grampa Cooney and the concentration of Cooneys proved too strong to resist, and Auntie Kim came down to visit too. Their visit coincided with our neighborhood's Easter Egg Hunt, about which I may have been a tiny bit more excited than Fiona was.
She was pretty game to collect eggs and carry her basket though, as shown to the right. She was very excited to see the Easter Bunny although, as it turned out, only from a distance...
Our next adventure was a trip down to Charleston, SC. I went to give a talk at MUSC, and Jeff & Fiona came along for the ride. They took a ferry out to Ft. Sumter and enjoyed a horse & carriage ride around old Charleston. The next day we all went out to Magnolia Gardens, an old rice plantation, where Fiona especially enjoyed the petting barnyard. She didn't say so in words, but we got the impression that it was the best day of her life. We'll try to post the video evidence shortly. To the left she is saying hello to the goose that joined us for lunch.
Back at home, we were soon joined by Grammie Boettiger. We took advantage of the extra pair of eyes & hands to get some long delayed and much needed yardwork done. Here is Fiona "helping" out.
Our next adventure entailed driving to D.C. with Fiona and my mom. I attended a translational science meeting while they visited the zoo and various monuments & museums (Jeff was back at home doing his final med school rotation in the MICU). Somehow I have no photos of the DC trip, but our next adventure was much bigger: Fiona, Grammie & I flew to Montreal. While I attended the CNS meeting, they did things like exploring Montreal and watching french cartoons (left). By the end of April, the two of them were pretty well bonded, which is nice for everybody.
Finally: here is our sweet girl at 14 months. More photos of our month's adventures are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment